In conjunction with Cancer Research UK, we have recently taken the decision to extend the UK leg of Run the World to include runs in the 45 most populated areas in the UK.
This will take the global total of Run the World 10 kms to 250 – which is equivalent to running 2 500 000 meters. That’s one metre for every cancer sufferer in the UK.
By running around the UK, as well the world, we’re hoping to raise as much money as possible for Cancer Research and to spread the word about the many benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle.
We’d love to hear from you if you might be interested in taking part, helping organise or simply supporting any of the runs. We’d also love to hear from you if you might be interested in a Run the World talk. (The talks combine simple, memorable healthy living advice with tales of the surprising number of things that can go wrong when you’re trying to run in every country in the world..)
So, please – whether you’re an individual, a running club, a school, the media, an employer, or a sporting or community organisation – email us at email@example.com. We can do some good together in the fight against cancer and in encouraging people to live healthy. active lives. And, if past runs and talks are anything to go by, we’ll have some fun at the same time!
Notes on the Runs & Talks
- The UK runs are scheduled to start in the North-East – Newcastle, Sunderland & Middlesbrough – in the w/c May 22nd 2018 and the final run will take place in London on July 4th 2020.
- The other runs will take place during the summer months and will likely be in geographic ‘clusters’. (Dates tbc.)
- The plan is for each run to include 10km, 5km and walking options in order to maximise participation.
- We will be looking to organise the runs and talks in conjunction with local running groups, schools, employers, community & sporting organisations.
- Run the World and Cancer Research UK merchandise will be available for sale (100% of proceeds to Cancer Research) and as incentives & rewards.
- A press release and communications materials will be available in respect of each run (or geographic cluster of runs.)
- We will be looking to work with local media in respect of each ‘cluster’ of runs.
- If desired, partners will receive credits / thanks on Run the World media (include website, social media, blogs.)
- Full list of run locations below.